Card Alerts & Controls
That moment you realize you’ve lost or misplaced your Expedition Credit Union debit and/or
credit card or maybe it’s the weekend and you notice some unusual activity on your account.
It’s likely to cause some concern and worry, but Expedition CU has your back! Card Alerts
& Controls allows you to receive real-time alerts when your debit card is used and to turn
them on and off in seconds with a simple tap in your mobile app or within Online Banking.*
Card Alerts & Controls also allows you to personalize the types and frequency of your
alerts and block transactions based on:
- Merchant type like: travel, restaurants, and gas stations
- Transaction type like: Mail/Phone Order, ATM, and Online Retailer
- Location-based controls to limit the area your card(s) work
- Spending Limits to either block or send alerts at selected transaction and/or monthly
To activate and personalize Card Alerts & Controls on your Expedition Credit Union Visa
Credit Card, Debit Card, Business Debit Card, or HSA – Health Savings Account Debit Card:
Online Banking Access
- Log in to Expedition Credit Union’s Online Banking
- Access "Cards" from the side navigation menu bar.
Mobile Banking Access
- Log in to Expedition Credit Union’s Mobile Banking App
- iPhone Users: Tap "Cards" on the bottom of the screen to access the cards menu.
- Android Users: Tap "Cards" on the bottom of the screen to access the cards menu.
By default, all alerts are turned OFF and can be enabled for all transactions or set to your
preference. Just tap the ON or OFF button to either activate or deactivate your card.** Please
note that pre-authorized or recurring card transactions may still process while the card is
To personalize your Card Alerts & Control settings, tap on the options you want
enabled/disabled for each card. You can change the Alerts default setting of All Transactions
to your preferences by Merchant Type, Transaction Type, Location Type or Spend Limits.
Additionally, you can block select transactions from these same 4 categories.
* Message and data rates
may apply from your wireless carrier.
**If you are turning off your card because of fraud, you
will still need to call the Expedition CU to close that card and order a new one. Turning off your
card in Card Alerts & Controls only prevents the card from being used as long as it is turned